You don’t need a wristwatch
Do you really need to wear a wrist watch nowadays? Is it just an accessory to your outfit? Or is it still useful? You decide. #accessory #fashion #smartphone #wristwatch
There is a good reason why watches have disappeared from our wrists. They really are dated and obsolete. In a world where almost everything is telling you what time it is. Do you really need something on your wrist to remind you to keep up with your schedule?
Great men have worn watches for hundreds of years… and great men today don’t really care. Have you tried searching images of modern men? (Try: Mark Zuckerberg, Elon Musk, …) Most of the time, they’re not even wearing a watch. Wristwatches today are nothing more than a proof of status, an accessory to your outfit or a reason for men to wear jewelry.
I’m doing pretty great without wearing a wristwatch. So here are my 10 reasons for you not to wear them.
- Wearing an overly expensive or ostentatious watch makes you like a douche. It’s not adding more to your style, than it is to your personality.
- If you want to accessorize your outfit, be original and man up with a hat, belt or shoes. Or at least try a real watch, a pocket watch.
- Spend your money on a decent pair of shoes. You will always need decent shoes.
- If you want to look cool, a watch is not going to help you. Get a haircut, straiten your shirt and shine your shoes.
- A watch will constantly remind you of the time. You don’t want to be that guy that is checking his watch every five minutes. Just because he would rather be somewhere else.
- A watch doesn’t prove you are smart nor sophisticated. You might get a watch for you birthday, graduation, or your first job. But that’s just because they didn’t know what to get you.
- If you upgrade to a smartwatch. You are basically wearing the calculator watch of this century. Are you really going to choose between beging outdated or a super nerd?
- The mechanics inside a watch need maintenance. Or they will run behind. Your smartphone is probably controlled by satellites or something.
- I’m pretty sure that if the great men from our history had a choice. Most of them wouldn’t have worn a wristwatch either.
- If time runs your life. You need to keep your priorities straight. But don’t worry. Your smartphone can warn you when your next meeting starts. So you don’t have to and keep your focus.
All sarcasm aside. If you do want reasons to wear a wristwatch, follow this link.